PRIVATE EQUITY ANALYST
2018 START (January or March)
PRIVATE EQUITY ANALYST POSITION
SFA is seeking Private Equity Analysts to support its entrepreneurs to identify and acquire a business. The Analyst Program at SFA is invaluable, particularly for those pursuing careers in private equity, investment banking, consulting and entrepreneurship. Analysts will be exposed to new industries, business models, valuation methods, and research techniques. They will be given real responsibility and have measurable impact on the organization.
SFA’s Analyst Program includes workshops and events to enrich the learning experience. The position is ideal for recent graduates pursuing careers in finance, and interested in breaking into Private Equity or Investment Banking.
The Analyst Program requires a 6-12 month commitment. Analysts are compensated at the prevailing hourly minimum wage, and are entitled to health benefits.
- Industry Idea Generation & Management
- Conduct research to identify and evaluate industries of interest.
- Pre-qualify interns’ proposals to be presented to Searchers.
- Lead Generation
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets in such industries.
- Provide quality control for intern-generated leads.
- Interface with brokers and bankers to source opportunities.
- Deal Evaluation
- Evaluate investment opportunities using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Conduct company valuations through financial modeling and analysis.
- Analyze financial statements, business models and other information in Confidential Information Memoranda.
- Team Management
- Track team’s performance and help conduct weekly meetings.
- Help Searchers plan and implement team initiatives.
- Train and onboard new team members, including other analysts and interns.
- Hire and recruit future SFA analysts.
- Due Diligence
- Conduct commercial and financial due diligence on acquisition targets.
- Analyze industry trends and conduct competitive analysis.
- Conduct financial modeling for the acquisition target.
- Recently graduated from university
- At least one prior internship experience
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, optimistic attitude
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- A keen interest in finance and entrepreneurship
- A strong work ethic
- A good understanding of financial statements
- A business-related major
- Financial modeling skills
- Experience in search funds or private equity
PERKS OF PE ANALYST PROGRAM
- Day-to-day learning from Searchers
- Workshops and events
- Engage with successful entrepreneurs with experience in PE, IB, industry and consulting
- Discuss with frequent guest speakers
- Enjoy meeting others at company-wide events
- Highly entrepreneurial environment
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Hands-on experience
- One-on-one mentorship
- Career counseling
Working at SFA gives you hands-on experience that is applicable in every corner of the business arena. Our alumni have continued their careers at firms such as:
- Deutsche Bank
- Loomis, Sayles & Co
- HarbourVest Partners
- Liberty Mutual
- Bank of America
- Morgan Stanley
- Silicon Valley Bank
- John Hancock Investments
- Alvarez & Marsal
- Goldman Sachs
- Bain Capital
- Bain & Co.
- McKinsey & Co
- JMI Equity
- Eaton Vance