SFA is currently HIRING PRIVATE EQUITY INTERNS TO JOIN US THIS FALL
August/September- December (flexible dates)
Minimum 12 week commitment
PRIVATE EQUITY INTERNSHIP
SFA is seeking Private Equity Interns to support its entrepreneurs to identify and acquire a business. The Internship Program at SFA is invaluable, particularly for those pursuing careers in private equity, investment banking, consulting and entrepreneurship. Interns will be exposed to new industries, business models, valuation methods, and research techniques.
SFA’s Internship Program includes workshops and events to enrich the learning experience. The position is ideal for undergraduate students pursuing careers in business, particularly in finance and/or entrepreneurship.
The Internship Program requires a commitment 15-20 hrs/week for at least 12 weeks. Interns are unpaid, but required to receive course credit from their university.
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets
- Conduct research to identify and evaluate industries of interest.
- Interface with brokers and bankers to source opportunities.
- Analyze financial statements, business models and other information in Confidential Information Memoranda.
- Conduct due diligence on acquisition targets.
- Optimize internal processes.
- Recruit and train future SFA interns.
- Undergraduate student eligible to receive course credit for the internship
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, optimistic attitude
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- A keen interest in finance and entrepreneurship
- A strong work ethic
- A good understanding of financial statements
- A business-related major
- At least one prior internship experience
PERKS OF PE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Day-to-day learning from Searchers
- Workshops and events
- Engage with successful entrepreneurs with experience in PE, IB, industry and consulting
- Discuss with frequent guest speakers
- Enjoy meeting others at company-wide events
- Highly entrepreneurial environment
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Flexible schedule for exams, breaks, etc.
- Hands-on experience
- One-on-one mentorship
- Personalized career counseling
POST- SFA OPPORTUNITIES
Interning at SFA provides interns with experience that is applicable in every corner of the business arena. Our alumni have continued their careers at firms such as:
- Deutsche Bank
- Loomis, Sayles & Co
- HarbourVest Partners
- Liberty Mutual
- Bank of America
- Morgan Stanley
- Silicon Valley Bank
- John Hancock Investments
- Alvarez & Marsal
- Goldman Sachs
- Bain Capital
- Bain & Co.
- McKinsey & Co
- JMI Equity
- Eaton Vance