join our winterNship program
December - January
Minimum 6 week commitment
The Winter Internship is a new and shorter version of SFA's spring, summer & fall internship programs. The position is ideal for undergraduate students who will be in Boston during December & January and are interested in learning about private equity.
join our spring Internship program
Minimum 12 week commitment
PRIVATE EQUITY INTERNSHIP
Private Equity Interns shadow and learn from SFA's entrepreneurs at every stage of the search process: research, outreach, business model evaluation and company due diligence. This comprehensive experience gives interns insight into a variety of industries and companies. In addition, SFA organizes frequent workshops and events to increase interns' exposure to innovative business ideas and enhance their skills.
This unpaid Internship Program is open to current students who receive course credit from their university.
Interns Lean How To:
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets
- Conduct research to identify and evaluate industries of interest.
- Interface with brokers and bankers to source opportunities.
- Analyze financial statements, business models and other information in Confidential Information Memoranda.
- Conduct due diligence on acquisition targets.
- Optimize internal processes.
- Recruit and train future SFA interns.
- Undergraduate student eligible to receive course credit for the internship
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, optimistic attitude
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- A keen interest in finance and entrepreneurship
- A strong work ethic
- A good understanding of financial statements
- A business-related major
- At least one prior internship experience
THE SFA INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
- Day-to-day learning from Searchers
- Workshops and events
- Engage with successful entrepreneurs with experience in PE, IB, industry and consulting
- Discuss with frequent guest speakers
- Enjoy meeting others at company-wide events
- Highly entrepreneurial environment
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Flexible schedule for exams, breaks, etc.
- Hands-on experience
- One-on-one mentorship
- Personalized career counseling
POST- SFA OPPORTUNITIES
Interning at SFA provides interns with experience that is applicable in every corner of the business arena. Our alumni have continued their careers at firms such as:
- Deutsche Bank
- Loomis, Sayles & Co
- HarbourVest Partners
- Liberty Mutual
- Bank of America
- Morgan Stanley
- Silicon Valley Bank
- John Hancock Investments
- Alvarez & Marsal
- Goldman Sachs
- Bain Capital
- Bain & Co.
- McKinsey & Co
- JMI Equity
- Eaton Vance